Lemons are another miracle from nature that is good antiseptic agents and work wonders with dandruff and help clears off excessive scalp oil too. It’s a great source of vitamin C, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Oh, I forgot to mention lemons can help lighten your hair too! It’s easy to apply on your hair daily and gives your hair a very natural lightening effect.
Most hair colors can be lightened gradually by a few applications of lemon. Here is a simple way on how to get the lightening you want.
- First you will need a simple lemon mixture. Mix one part warm water and 2 parts lemon juice together.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture generously to the areas you want to lighten.
- Expose your hair to natural sunlight for around an hour or two.
- Wash your hair and condition as normal and towel dry.
Apply it daily and you should see some lightening results in about a month. It will turn dark brown hair to light brown, dark red hair to dark blonde and blonde hair to light blonde! However, lightening with lemons might not be effective with black hair because of the original dark pigments. You might want to dye your hair with henna for a more prominent effect.
You might also need to constantly use a conditioner to moisturize your hair because lemons can dry out your hair drastically.